Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Angela's Ashes

I found this one truly infuriating, frustrating and heartbreaking! But, there was also a lot of humor, and he always seemed to hold onto a glimmer of hope. The author goes through his early years, telling about his upbringing and hardships, living with his drunken dead beat Father, and a Mother that really was never given any real help. He shares the losses of his 4 siblings, sicknesses different family members went through, and gives really good insight of what it was like for him growing up. He gives great descriptions of everything, and reverts back to his childhood mind to write the book. It's set in Ireland in the late 1930's, and the story follows him till he's 19. The next book of his story is called 'Tis, and yes I do want to read it =) He's made a fan of me, and I'm glad I had such a lovely childhood!

6 comments:

Neil said...

And we did have a lovely childhood :)

JLou said...

There is a movie for this book with Robert Carlyle as the father.

Belladoll said...

I'll get Adam to look for it, I would be interested in seeing this!

Belladoll said...

Angela's Ashes Movie Trailer

Belladoll said...

Who needed Adam I found it myself! lol

Adam said...

I heard that...