Friday, January 23, 2009

Wuthering Heights

Another treat for my mind! If you have never read a classic before, you might want to try this one first. You'll either love it or hate it. Personally, I love it. Every character is flawed. I would call this a heart wrenching, vindictive romance. (I know when someone says 'romance', they think of the Harlequin books, erase that dirty H word from your mind this instant! lol) It's full of blind love, undying hate, cruelty, selfishness, disdain, violence, suspense, revenge... so many true emotions flow through this book.
I certainly did not find it in the least boring. But this is only my opinion, you will have to decide for yourself...

3 comments:

Neil said...

Sounds like Melrose Place!
I know that whenever I think of Wuthering Heights, I think of the extremely frightening Kate Bush video...
Hmmm... I wonder if there is a happy ending??

Belladoll said...

I never watched Melrose Place so I can't compare...
Kate Bush = Awesome.

I don't know, does it have a happy ending Neil? You done your book yet???

Adam said...

(kateBush != "Awsome")

(kateBush === "Frightening")

I'm with you Neil.

-A